Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Battery cords and Charging! 12 Volt, 12 Amp, 4 battery system

tUESDAY-
Here is the cord that came with the Scooter.  It is damaged.  It looks to have been fabricated as there
is electrical tape at the right side taping these two ends onto the cord.

UPDATE:  THERE ARE STOCK PIECES TO ORDER AND THEY NEED TO BE SOLDERED ON.
I FOUND THE PARTS AT http://www.electricscooterparts.com/wireconnectors.html

I'D LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS, I'VE SEEN IT DONE, IT'S NOT EXACTLY DIFFICULT, AND I THINK I HAVE A SOLDERING TOOL AROUND.   OR, IF I DON'T HAVE IT HERE, THEN
I MAY HAVE TO HIRE SOMEONE TO MAKE ME SOME NEW CONNECTION PIECES...AFTER I CHECK THE CONNECTIVITY OF THE EXISTING 4 CHARGERS AND CORDS I NOW HAVE AFTER THE PURCHASE OF DH SCOOTER!

Just as an aside.  I had one charger and it was connected to one end.  I ordered a second charger and when I removed one, that's when the plug came apart.  -

UPDATE, DO BE CAREFUL WHEN REMOVING THESE PARTS AS THAT'S HOW THE CONNECTOR END CAME OFF.  AND, ALWAYS UNPLUG THE CHARGER FROM THE WALL FIRST, THEN THE SCOOTER, THEN REMOVE THE CONNECTORS...IF YOU NEED TO.  I ORDERED A NEW CHARGER AND RECEIVED TWO MORE WITH DH SCOOTER. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET ONE GOOD CHARGING SET UP FROM ALL THIS.

Do the batteries charge better having this pigtail set up?
WHAT I LEARNED WAS THAT IT IS A MORE EFFICIENT WAY TO CHARGER AND DEFINITELY FASTER AS YOU ARE CHARGING ALL FOUR AT THE SAME TIME.

If you have anything you'd like to add, please email them to me at bellagelascooter@gmail.com and I'll post your information for others to be helped as well!

Many thanks!
GG, BellaGela's Owner!
bellagelascooter@gmail.com







This is the cord that came with my scooter.
The end at the left plugs into my Scooter.
The other end is comprised of two male ends that have been taped together.





This is a close up of the end with the two pigtails taped together.

As you can see, the bottom piece is damaged.  When
I tried to disconnect it from the charger, the metal end pulled off the black part. There was a short zap!
I forgot to remove the cord from the scooter. Don't do that!